Try our Prep + Rally Bundle! Start saving time + money, without the commitment.
November 04, 2018
Are you interested in meal prep but not sure if a meal prep subscription will get your little ones to actually eat the food?
I remember when I was a kid I didn't love all vegetables and instead preferred pizza or other "kid-friendly" dishes. I would say most kids are this way, and it's completely normal.
My number one trick to feeding kids and a full family dinner is MAKE IT FUN! Let them assemble their own dinner. Make it playful. Let them feel like they're making some choices. And never push too hard. Seems simple, right? It takes commitment and dedication to really make this happen. The earlier you stop buying the frozen pizza and nuggets the easier it will be to get them on the "good eating" path!
I fully believe a Prep and Rally meal prep subscription is the best place to start since kids will constantly be exposed and introduced to new meals every single night.
But staying strong, not buying the "back up" junk, and keeping at it is all you can do. Here are some recipe ideas that will deliver a family favorite meal packed with nutrients and a dinner everyone looks forward to!
1. DIY TacosI think we can agree almost everyone loves Tacos! For so much versatilitythis is one of the easiest preps ever! Picture this- a dinner table (or lunch!)with bowls prepped with everyones favorite toppings; cheese, greek yogurt,avocado, peppers, tomatoes, olives… this list is as vast as your imaginationallows it to be! Swap out beef for shredded turkey, and add cubed sweetpotatoes and squash for a colorful healthy twist. And whatever you do, don'tforget the salsa!
2. Oven Baked Fish SticksThis baked not fried take will leave youngins clueless at the switch and havethe adults at the table feeling like kids again! Used crushed almonds andbran flakes instead of breadcrumbs and serve with a dip of your choosing!
3. Cauliflower Mac and CheeseAnother one that’ll have the kids asking for seconds without noticing theswap! Cook cauliflower in boiling water until tender before drainingand drying. 4. Kale Chips Kids love a good crunch! These are a delicious, salty snack or side that feels indulgent but is dinner appropriate! Forget dinner… this snack is “appropriate” anytime of the day!
5. Dinner PiesYes! I'm talking a dessert shaped dish set up for dinner eating! Stuffed withvegetables and protein kids get the nutrients they need in the shape of everyones favorite dessert!
6. Personalized MealsThis means taking your family dinner and doing individual meal size of the same item! Think egg rolls, meat loaves, Shepherd's pie, grain bowls... the list goes on! This twist makes it fun and personal giving everyone their own mini sized meals!
7. Fun DetailsPut thought into presentation! Think about plating placement, colors, andfun add ons to make the meal more visually pleasing and exciting! Adddipping sauces, skewers, shapes… go wild with it! Your kids will be diggingit as they’re digging in!
May 02, 2019
April 11, 2019
December 31, 2018