Prep + Rally Best Tips & Tricks for Meal Prep:
We know how stressful cooking is, whether it be just for you or for an entire family. That’s why we are giving you our top tried and true tips and tricks to master meal prep. Say goodbye to daily cooking stress and come Prep + Rally with us!
- Wash and prep all of your produce before you start your Sunday meal prep to reduce trips to the sink ruin the efficiency and flow of your prep! Click here for a great set of knives that will make chopping veggies super easy. A good chefs knife is truly all you need though to tackle most kitchen situations!
- Invest in good quality storage containers. Make sure they’re oven safe, dishwasher safe, and if possible, microwave safe. This way, you’re ALWAYS prepared! I love that I can cook, cool, store, heat, and serve all in the same great quality container. These are our favorite and these are perfect to store full meals.
- Try to multitask while you’re meal prepping. While quinoa is on the stove top and veggies are roasting in the oven, marinate and grill your chicken. This way, you’ll maximize your time and get your prep done quickly. Here’s our favorite grill pan for the perfect grilled chicken when it can’t be done outside. We lay out our meal plans in a very specific order so that you can get through it as efficiently as possible. We also have you cook the longer cook-time items first so while they’re cooking you can make your marinades as they
- Check your local grocery for frozen bags of rice or quinoa. Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods, and most local groceries have them. This way, if you’re in a pinch, you can serve “fresh” rice in under 3 minutes! You can do this with frozen vegetables (or buy pre-cut vegetables to save time) too or even buy a rotisserie chicken instead of cooking a protein that week. There are ALWAYS shortcuts!
- If you don’t have time to prepare meals one week, stick to sheet pan dinners. Place your cubed sweet potato, chicken, asparagus, and tofu on one large sheet pan and you’re good to go. Check out our favorite extra large sheet pan here. It’s perfect for a one pan dinner!
I know we said top 5 but if I can add one more….don’t stress! If you can’t make a full meal prep happen this week don’t sweat it. Make one or two key items that can help get you through. Or maybe just grocery shop for the meal prep and tackle your dinners as the week goes by if that’s what looks right for you that week. Listen to yourself. Modify. Be flexible. Enjoy it. That’s what it’s all about!
Check out our Amazon page for our favorite meal prep tools and gadgets to get you started on your meal prep journey.
For more tips and tricks, check out these:
Tag us @prepandrally when you meal prep or try any of our recipes!
Click here to find out how we rally!
-By: Ariella Huberfeld, Prep + Rally contributor
Ariella Huberfeld is a future dietitian. She is currently completing a B.S. in Dietetics from Macaulay Honors College. She hopes to complete her dietetic internship and become a Registered Dietitian. Follow Ariella’s Instagram account @dontkaleourvibe to see more of her work.